Monday, February 16, 2009

Becoming a Loser and Controlling SOMETHING!

Well, as out of control that i have seemed to be feeling over the past few months, i have finally decided to take control of something-my weight!

I did it last year....losing 20 pounds between Sept 2007 and June 2008, so I'm ready to get to it again! I've been wanting to work on this since September when I lost the baby but I kept letting too many excuses "over-rule" my attempts to eat better, drink less and exercise more" (my mantra that helped me last year).

I'm not really sure where this strong sense of motivation and energy has come from (and i don't frankly care, i'm just happy it's here) but i'm going to grab hold and ride it!!!

Before, I just kept telling myself the wrong things, like "Oh who cares, this candy or this drink will make you feel better NOW." OR "You are going thru a tough emotional time, people will understand if you gain a little weight." OR "What the hell, I want to enjoy my life and not worry about how I look."


I'm now telling myself the RIGHT things, like

"Put a little effort in now and you will be proud of what you accomplish."

"I really like how I look in my clothes when they fit or are LOOSE."

"You cannot buy any new clothes until you reach your goal."

"Just remember how confident and happy you were on your 40th birthday when you were wearing a size 6 dress and everyone noticed how cute you were and complimented you on your weight loss?!?!?!!"

"I know you are starving now, but that means your body is metabolizing the FAT and hopefully dropping the poundage off your body."


I'm starting at 145. I was 132 on June 24, 2008 (my 40th birthday) and had gained about 10-13 pounds w the pregnancy that ended in mid-September. I actually thought that once I lost the baby and my body got back to "normal" that I would lose about 5-10 pounds, but I think the emotional eating and drinking (and the decreased exercise) kept the weight on and i've actually fluctuated upwards to 146-7 range.

My goal is to get below 140 by the end of February using the low-carb technique and then after I get that initial "boost" or "success", I will switch back to the healthy eating guidelines provided by http://www.sparkpeople.com/ (that i used so successfully last year) to get to 135 by the end of April and hopefully 130 by my next birthday (June 24, 2009).

If you are interested in following my journey or leaving me some support (which you can do here as well), i have a separate weight-loss blog (there's a link over to the side under "Get Your Clicks w My Daily Clicks" or go to: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=GOSHEILA

Well, I think I'm in KETOSIS (Google it) now and I'm enjoying this feeling that I may ALREADY be making progress (i started last Thursday, Feb 12). If you are interested in low-carb dieting, there's an awesome blog that I follow by the doc who co-wrote "Protein Power" w his wife, Dr. Michael Eades at: http://www.proteinpower.com/drmike/

My cousin Cecelia who lost 100 pounds using the low-carb diet and lifestyle is also "coaching me" to help me out with this first "induction" phase of low-carb (she got me started on Dr. Mike). She is GREAT and spent a long time writing an excellent e-mail FULL of personalized advice for me! I really REALLY appreciate it! I'm so lucky to have people like her who care in my life!!

Okay, i'm ready to CHARGE ahead and lose lose lose....i'm so excited to become a loser!!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as long as you don't go into ketoacidosis I am ok with the term.

Good luck and work it, baby!