Sooooo I've been whining about nobody reading (and/or commenting) on my blog here and i actually have another blog on my weight loss web site at: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage.asp?id=GOSHEILA (where people do randomly comment and help encourage me in my weight loss and healthy living goals).
The other blog is also bookmarked over there to the right on this blog (if in the future you want to track my exercise or caloric intake-LOL)...anyways, i'm not going to make you go there today b/c i just cut and paste it BELOW b/c i'm so very proud of myself at the moment.
Not only am I proud right now, I also had a wonderful weekend....nothing truly spectacular happened, just got to spend time with people who mean the most to me. Quick rundown of the weekend:
Friday night Chris and I went downtown to meet up with Audra at the
South Main Trolley Tour night and we saw Lisa at her store Muse (http://museinspiredfashion.com/) and then had dinner at The Majestic. Audra bought some CUTE shoes by Naughty Monkey at Muse, here's a picture of them (but i think they had zebra strips on the heal?):
Saturday we messed around the house most the day and then I took Quinn to a kid's birthday party at Build-A-Bear (her first time there) and then Chris bought home the Star Wars Trilogy and we watched the first one together with the kids. They loved it and I loved it....it's been 32 years since I sat thru the whole movie when it originally came out in 1977!!
Sunday we messed around some too. I went for a run with Jack riding on his bike....that was a FIRST and it was pretty fun for both of us (we went to the park and he rode his bike around in the skate park a bit, too). Then Mo & Lena & the boys came over for family dinner night.
So good weekend and good day today. I thought i was supposed to volunteer in the clinic at Jack's school but i had the wrong day so i got some "free" or "extra" time and I decided to exercise. I also have meeting up w girlfriends tonight to look forward to!!!
So here's the post from my sparkBlog:
It's something...yes, i have acheived a goal today! i ran 3 miles straight at a 10 min/mile pace! it was on the treadmill at home and not in an officially timed race but it was done!! i'm very proud of myself.
i hadnt really planned on trying to accomplish this today but when i got
on the treadmill, i was feeling good (mentally and PHYSICALLY) so i decided to go for it. i set the timer for 60 mins and then warmed up at a 15 min pace for 5 mins then turned the speed up to 6 and just settled in and felt really comfortable (actually felt i could go faster but didn't want to wear myself out...slow and steady wins the race, right?). after 30 mins, when i reached my goal, i still had 25 mins left so i cranked up the incline to 15 and did that for about a mile then went back down and decided i needed to get at least 5 miles in today so i ran 3 mins at 7 (about a 9 min/mile pace) and then finished with 5.4 miles and 641 calories burned over the 60 mins!
this was ON TOP of doing 8 min abs and 8 min arms!!!
so i'm completely ready for Margarita Mondays at Mollys---my once a month meet up with some very dear friends!
WAHOOOO!! YAY ME!!!
oh some other good news, i'm below 140 AGAIN (138.6)....and i only have 2 weeks to my original goal of getting to 135 by Easter....so i'm not sure if losing 3-4 pounds in 2 weeks is really feasible, but i'm going to work on it! not going to kill myself for it, but going to put in some effort toward that goal.
Here's something good i read today: "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new beginning." Carl Bard
The other blog is also bookmarked over there to the right on this blog (if in the future you want to track my exercise or caloric intake-LOL)...anyways, i'm not going to make you go there today b/c i just cut and paste it BELOW b/c i'm so very proud of myself at the moment.
Not only am I proud right now, I also had a wonderful weekend....nothing truly spectacular happened, just got to spend time with people who mean the most to me. Quick rundown of the weekend:
Friday night Chris and I went downtown to meet up with Audra at the
South Main Trolley Tour night and we saw Lisa at her store Muse (http://museinspiredfashion.com/) and then had dinner at The Majestic. Audra bought some CUTE shoes by Naughty Monkey at Muse, here's a picture of them (but i think they had zebra strips on the heal?):
Saturday we messed around the house most the day and then I took Quinn to a kid's birthday party at Build-A-Bear (her first time there) and then Chris bought home the Star Wars Trilogy and we watched the first one together with the kids. They loved it and I loved it....it's been 32 years since I sat thru the whole movie when it originally came out in 1977!!Sunday we messed around some too. I went for a run with Jack riding on his bike....that was a FIRST and it was pretty fun for both of us (we went to the park and he rode his bike around in the skate park a bit, too). Then Mo & Lena & the boys came over for family dinner night.
So good weekend and good day today. I thought i was supposed to volunteer in the clinic at Jack's school but i had the wrong day so i got some "free" or "extra" time and I decided to exercise. I also have meeting up w girlfriends tonight to look forward to!!!
So here's the post from my sparkBlog:
It's something...yes, i have acheived a goal today! i ran 3 miles straight at a 10 min/mile pace! it was on the treadmill at home and not in an officially timed race but it was done!! i'm very proud of myself.
i hadnt really planned on trying to accomplish this today but when i got
on the treadmill, i was feeling good (mentally and PHYSICALLY) so i decided to go for it. i set the timer for 60 mins and then warmed up at a 15 min pace for 5 mins then turned the speed up to 6 and just settled in and felt really comfortable (actually felt i could go faster but didn't want to wear myself out...slow and steady wins the race, right?). after 30 mins, when i reached my goal, i still had 25 mins left so i cranked up the incline to 15 and did that for about a mile then went back down and decided i needed to get at least 5 miles in today so i ran 3 mins at 7 (about a 9 min/mile pace) and then finished with 5.4 miles and 641 calories burned over the 60 mins!this was ON TOP of doing 8 min abs and 8 min arms!!!
so i'm completely ready for Margarita Mondays at Mollys---my once a month meet up with some very dear friends!
WAHOOOO!! YAY ME!!!
oh some other good news, i'm below 140 AGAIN (138.6)....and i only have 2 weeks to my original goal of getting to 135 by Easter....so i'm not sure if losing 3-4 pounds in 2 weeks is really feasible, but i'm going to work on it! not going to kill myself for it, but going to put in some effort toward that goal.
Here's something good i read today: "Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new beginning." Carl Bard
3 comments:
Congratulations, Sheila, on all of your accomplishments. That is so great!! I haven't been doing too well at meeting my goals, but you and your quote will serve as an inspiration for me. Thanks!
Post a Comment