Monday, March 9, 2009

Tiny Backslide

Got some not so good news about Dad yesterday (he began coughing up blood and the mass in his lung is pushing on his windpipe and they have to do a "procedure" this week)....AND, I had already started "taking a little break" since last Thursday (Mar 5) of being on my good diet track and losing SEVEN pounds in THREE weeks!!!

So i'm just giving a quick update that my four day vacation from being healthy (eating decent and better exercise, altho i did do 4.15 miles on Sat), that the scale started going the WRONG freakin direction today. you can see a bit more on my weight loss blog: http://www.sparkpeople.com/mypage_public_journal.asp?id=GOSHEILA

However, this is only a teeny tiny slip up and i'm still pretty strong, but really sad and scared for my Dad and my whole family. I think i'm making my stomach upset by this worry...it's been kind of hurting since yesterday morning...altho, it may be the drinking i did this weekend after being off drinking for a week and it could be my stomach adjusting from not getting hardly ANY carbs for 3 weeks to a little bit of an influx of carbs....plus i'm getting back to fruits and veggies today and taking a break from the low carb diet (even tho it was quite successful, i'd rather know i'm giving myself better nutrition....).

Ramble ramble ramble.....gotta go get some stuff done around the house while the kids are gone at school and read my book and give myself a little break. AND i want to get my exercise in before i pick up Q at 2:30 so that i can shower before getting J at the bus stop at 4 b/c he has t-ball practice at 5:30 (altho it might rain....kind of hoping on that right now....but he would be so disappointed). ramble, ramble, ramble.....

I did want to share this from my weight loss blog, in case you don't go over there:

So on Biggest Loser last week, the blue team got to workout w Sugar Ray Leonard who had a great motto:

POWER is an acronym for:

P=Prepare
O=Overcome
W=Win
E=Every
R=Round

I've been telling myself this ever since watching it last week....every time i think about eating I have to Prepare, Overcome, Win, Every, Round....so that I chose the right things to eat (or NOT eat or drink or NOT drink). I also have to use this to psyche myself up to exercise. I think it's a great little "mantra" to keep in my head.

No comments: