Friday, April 10, 2009

Documenting Two Lives


Why two pictures of my kids sleeping?
These shots were taken on the same night only about a minute apart.

For many months now I have noticed that they are often in the same exact position when I do my final check on them before I go to bed at night. Chris thought I was crazy so I've started taking pictures of them sleeping. This is just one example of documenting their lives.

Some blogs are just full of photos. Many with just photos and no words. I take lots of pictures as I attempt to document our kids' lives. On our computer I have set up a folder for each month inside a folder for each year (there are 7 big folders so far -- 2003-2009).
Here are a few photos from the March and April 2009 folders.

HAPPY SPRING!
Once in a while my pictures come out kind of cool and artsy...of course, i wasn't going for "cool and artsy" but I like how this one came out:

The PURE JOY of finding an Easter Egg:
YEE-HAW Pardners:

Giddy-UP:
Notice how his bandana is different from the picture above? Well, in the morning before school, I tried to fix it this way (as in this picture), and he insisted at home that it should be twisted and tied (as in the picture w Quinn).....guess someone at school convinced him my way was correct afterall?!?!? He currently believes EVERYTHING that anyone (adult OR child) at school tells him and doesn't want to believe anything that Chris and I tell him. I thought that wasn't supposed to start til the "pre-teen" years?

Baseball Ready:


Wall-E:

He decided to make this all by himself.

I did help a little but only to attach things, it was all his own design!

Statue of Liberty:


She did this all by herself too!

I have videos too!
(OMG--it takes FOREVER to upload these....may not be doing this so often)

Here's part of Jack's Square Dance program at school. He's the boy closest to the teacher with a red shirt and a brown cowboy hat.


OKAY-NEVERMIND on that video...after 20 minutes I cancelled the darn upload....maybe another day!


And finally, a little poem for your enjoyment:


Count That Day Lost


If you sit down at set of sun

And count the acts that you have done,

And, counting, find

One self-denying deed, one word

That eased the heart of him who heard,

One glance most kind

That fell like sunshine where it went --

Then you may count that day well spent.

But if, through all the livelong day,

You've cheered no heart, by yea or nay --

If, through it all

You've nothing done that you can trace

That brought the sunshine to one face--

No act most small

That helped some soul and nothing cost --

Then count that day as worse than lost.

George Eliot (Mary Ann Evans)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: