Fr. Lopez said alot of good stuff at Dad's Rosary and the funeral and at the grave....i'm trying to remember it all, but here's one (not sure who he was quoting):
"If you keep worrying about the door that closed, then you will never find the doors that are opening."
He also talked about how Dad was accomplished in so many areas of life (as a father, as a husband, as a friend, as a professional, etc.) and that it is rare to find someone so well-rounded.
The other thing that has really stood out was one of the comments someone posted on the obituary. It was a person who worked at Lockheed who said she worked there several months before she realized Dad was the CEO. He was just that down-to-earth and welcoming to others and not a snobby person who thought he was better than others since he was the boss.
more later...it's my first day completely alone back in town, and i want to exercise and get some "regular" stuff done around here (grocery shopping, laundry, etc).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"If you keep worrying about the door that closed, then you will never find the doors that are opening."
He also talked about how Dad was accomplished in so many areas of life (as a father, as a husband, as a friend, as a professional, etc.) and that it is rare to find someone so well-rounded.
The other thing that has really stood out was one of the comments someone posted on the obituary. It was a person who worked at Lockheed who said she worked there several months before she realized Dad was the CEO. He was just that down-to-earth and welcoming to others and not a snobby person who thought he was better than others since he was the boss.
more later...it's my first day completely alone back in town, and i want to exercise and get some "regular" stuff done around here (grocery shopping, laundry, etc).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
later (3:45 pm):
Stupid Winnie the Pooh made me cry in the car coming home yesterday. The songs "Forever and Ever" and "Where Are You?" when Christopher Robin was "lost" were killing me!! One good quote tho: "Always remember you're braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think."-Christopher Robin to Winnie-the-Pooh (A. A. Milne)
OH, and that stupid Barry Manilow song, "Can't Smile Without You" keeps playing in my head -- OVER & OVER!!
You know I can't smile without you
I can't smile without you
I can't laugh and I can't sing
I'm finding it hard to do anything
You see I feel sad when you're sad
I feel glad when you're glad
If you only knew what I'm going through
I just can't smile without you
Apparently Maureen doesn't know this song....yet again, one of those weird "generation gaps" in our 11 year age difference. Several years ago, I said "Danger Will Robinson" (before the 1998 movie version with Matt LeBlanc came out), and she had no idea i was referring to "Lost in Space" (a show that Ed, Kathleen and I used to watch every Sunday before church growing up).
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOOO GLAD that Dad taught Jack how to play "Yahtzee" and now Jack slams down the cup with the dice and yells "YAHTZEE!" real loud like Dad used to do!!
(have a picture to insert here but Blogger is screwy right now! STILL screwy after waiting several hours....maybe tomorrow???)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2 comments:
You know what "they" say, "take it one day at a time". I vote for giving yourself permission to let those songs and reminders help you mourn for awhile especially when you can also discover wonderful ways to celebrate his memory like a simple game of Yahtzee.
Glad to see you're "back in the saddle again" with your blogging. I'll start...eventually!!
Sending you love and lots of prayers!!
sending you all my love and prayers!
Post a Comment