Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Current Mantra

I have this posted by my mirror in the bathroom (thanks for the edit Chris) and read it often during the day. With all the stress of everything that has happened over the past year (if you are new to my life, then check out my past postings on this blog), it has been quite helpful to me. I think it might be helpful to others who are trying to be less negative and more accepting of others.

Patience (from His Holiness The Dalai Lama):


If we really want to be happy,
we should understand that when we get angry,
we are creating the causes for more of our own suffering.
But, if we cultivate patience,
we are creating the causes for
more long-lasting and uninterupted happiness.
That is what we are really striving for.
Oh, and just want to "park" this here so I can find it easily (posted on FB today):
Sheila Collins Ferguson from Monsignor Marren in Atlanta on the death of Memo: Prayer (to our deceased loved ones) is the expression of love that crosses the ocean of death. It acknowledges that they are still alive and have been birthed into eternity; and it acknowledges our faith in the Resurrection.

1 comment:

Susie said...

I am big on mantras. it is "Make me a channel of your peace" when the MIL visits, and right now it is "Let it go" I am very good at harboring all that stress and the things that lead to it. Memo sure left an impression on this world.