Tuesday, May 26, 2009

brief update


someone actually asked me to update my blog! i'm sooo excited! May has just been SOOOO BUSY! June, July and August won't slow down either...which is good!
but here's a cheatin' kind of blog b/c it's part cut n paste of my reply to her (however, now i decided i better edit this a bit until i'm officially hired), and I added some more too (so she'll have to come back here and see...hee hee).
reply to friend asking me to blog:

"I just have been so busy lately that i haven't found time to blog. The latest surprising twist in life is.....

I'm possibly going to start back into the PAID working world temporarily. Two weeks ago, my boss in Memphis before I moved out to Colorado, called me and asked me to come talk to him about assisting one of their clients that is embarking on a $7 million capital campaign.


So i've been a little crazy trying to figure out childcare, AND Chris's brother from NYC was in town this past week b/c they made an offer on a house here and are trying to decided whether or not it was the right choice (it needs TONS of work, but it's a good deal). Plus i hosted my brother's birthday here yesterday so it's been a crazy weekend."

PLUS (this was not in the e-mail to my friend): I'm going to Atlanta w Jack and Quinn for a week starting on Sunday (for Quinn to attend Princess Dance Camp at St. Pius) so I have to get me and the kids ready...Also, Jack's last day of school is tomorrow!!

I'm getting a little sad getting ready for the trip to Atlanta. I keep catching myself thinking "Oh, I want to show this or that to Dad" and then I remember he won't be there.

I also decided to try low-carb for a while again b/c i can't seem to "stay the course" with my diet and lose the additional 10 pounds (that fluctuate up to 12 sometimes...urgh!) that have been hanging around for the past 6-9 months! I think i'm doing okay calorie-wise the beginning of each week, but then the weekend arrives and I "throw caution to the wind" and eat and drink whatever I want! So if i have a plan (like low-carb) then i have parameters around what i can and cannot eat! Plus Cece posted a motivating blog about it yesterday ("It's Not Willpower! It's the Ice Cream I had Stored in my Butt!"). it's great....read it! read it now!

I'm doing GREAT w exercise! I have started to run/walk 5 miles at a time at a 12 min/mile pace, as well as doing 3 mile jogs at a 10 min/mile pace)...doing my cardio at least 5 times a week! Want to start back on strength soon, but waiting for our new cool club (http://www.lifetimefitness.com/) we joined to open in mid-June!!! Mention me if you join as your referral so i can get a new gym bag and maybe even my $100 joining fee back too (if I get two ppl signed up)....

1 comment:

CeceS said...

Thanks for the mention! Glad you're staying busy. Hang in there; it will get easier.