Saturday, January 31, 2026

#AcknowledgeAndHonor

I will highlight this more later, but didn't want to forget it: #AcknowledgeAndHonor

A few thoughts so I can remember why I posted this! LOL

"We" (being society) often uplift those who are "loud" or make a "big splash" or are "very attractive" or "popular" because in the moment, they are making many people happy or excited. But there are many people who humbly show up consistently and care A WHOLE LOT and keep things moving forward for an organization. They are often overlooked , because they are not the cute ones or the popular ones. These "regular" folks who give and give and give consistently are often not acknowledged or honored for the contributions they make. And it is sad, because they are the ones who keep an organization strong!

Those who were cute and popular for a moment in time have moved on to a space where they can be cute and popular beyond the previous place...and they can't be bothered to help keep the place strong. They rarely support in a meaningful way...most of their contributions are negative feedback!!

I LOVE the regular "unseen" folks...probably b/c I KNOW I am one of them!


No comments: